Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Whitelist addresses

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Whitelist addresses

A sender tells me that my address has identified their domain as a spam sender,  Messages from them don't even appear in my SPAM box.  How do I whitelist these addresses?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Whitelist addresses

Comcast does not give its customers a way to whitelist senders. All you can do ask for help from their Security Assurance group, which manages spam blocking. Give them a call at 1-888-565-4329 (from http://constantguard.comcast.net/help/report-abuse/). Note that this is NOT one of the general customer service numbers.

The first-line reps there are sometimes not very helpful. If so, be persistent, and keep at them until you get a satisfactory answer.

Regular Visitor

Re: Whitelist addresses

This answer reflected the frustration in returning a blacklisted address to the whitelist; It all boils down to Comcast will not allow it to be done; I went through the ordeal of calling the Comcast agents and after thoroughly explaining the situation was told it was beyond the ability of the first line agent and was redirected to the second line; There, once again I explained the problem and was told they would take care of it if I would send them a copy of the email with all of the headers,; Of course, since the reason for the call was the non-receipt of messages from the sender, that was impossible; They told me the sender would need to get together with them at Comcast security; The sender told me they had already tried to resolve it with Comcast and were told the intended receiver needed to contact Comcast security. So I did it again going through the two lines of service and was directed to http://postmaster.comcast.net/block-removal-request.html (Blocked Provider Request Form). This was completed and submitted but was told,"We need the IP address currently blocked to further investigate this issue. The IP address is a number separated by decimals and is located in an error code starting with "550" in the returned email from Comcast.". So since I did not have the returned email it was hopeless. It certainly is not user friendly!