Community Forum

Where is the Email Preferences List???

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Expert

Re: Where is the Email Preferences List???

Heinz572 wrote:

Now I have to pipe in: You say when the storage is full, no NEW messages are accepted???

Shouldn't that be: oldes message is deleted??t

And here is what I found out thanks to Comcast Brett----------------------

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/apps/faq/#faq11

Expert

Heinz572 wrote:

Now I have to pipe in: You say when the storage is full, no NEW messages are accepted???

That is standard practice with most email providers.  But I have never seen anyone in the forum that had maxed out 10 gig of storage to find out.  I'll have to check on it to be sure.

New Poster

Expert

There are no longer any Read vs Unread folders.  It's just the Inbox now.  Emails kept in any folder other than Trash or Spam should stay indefinitely until you run out of storage, and then it would just stop accepting any new incoming messages until you free up some space.  I have seen nothing that would indicate any other time limitation.

Problem Solver

Maybe I've been unclear in what I'm asking and what exactly you're saying.  I'll try to rephrase my question.

What is the time limit assigned to the messages in the INBOX READ, INBOX UNREAD, and SENT BOX?

By that I mean, how long will messages remain within these boxes before they are deleted by the system?

I'm not inquiring about any other email providers, just comcast and what to expect within this webmail and what has changed.

Thanks, ciao, bj

Expert

BlueJay wrote:

We have only the one comcast account..  No secondaries.  

Not faulting you, Latoque, but would it have been too difficult for comcast to post, or list the options of the folders?

Or should I say NO OPTIONS ON THE FOLDER DELETIONS.  They are set by comcast -- no recourse by subscriber.

What are the guidelines for the INBOX, {read & unread} & the SENT boxes?  Your remarks were unclear on those storage areas.

Thanks again, ciao, bj

There is no longer any ability to set a deletion schedule for either read or unread messages.  Looking at the overall picture, Comcast, in at least this regard, has simply aligned themselves with most other email provider.  I can't think of a single one that has the ability to set such a schedule, including Gmail.  Comcast really was unique in being the only one to do so (as far as I know) for as long as they did.  Of course, you have more control over this if you enable the account in a desktop email client like Outlook or Thunderbird.

Gold Problem Solver
Moved:

Problem Solver

We have only the one comcast account..  No secondaries.  

Not faulting you, Latoque, but would it have been too difficult for comcast to post, or list the options of the folders?

Or should I say NO OPTIONS ON THE FOLDER DELETIONS.  They are set by comcast -- no recourse by subscriber.

What are the guidelines for the INBOX, {read & unread} & the SENT boxes?  Your remarks were unclear on those storage areas.

Thanks again, ciao, bj

Expert

Deletion schedules are not part of the new format.  The default now for Spam is 30days, and 7 for the Trash folder, although right now during the transition you may find older ones in Trash. The other folders, AFAIK so far, have no auto-deletion up to the size of your remaining Comcast storage.  It's the same if you create local folders.

I'm curious------do you have more than one Comcast account, ie: secondaries?  If so, did they all change over, or just the one?

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Latoque wrote:

In the new format, look in the upper right corner of the Inbox page for a gear icon to the right of your name.  Click on that and then on Settings.

Thanks for the reply, Latoque, I had explored that gear icon and was not impressed with the information available and the space wasting format.   Specifically the hidden or lack of an EMAIL DELETION SCHEDULE..  

email deletion schedule.JPG

Am I missing something in the hunt for this schedule?

Thanks, ciao, bj

Expert

In the new format, look in the upper right corner of the Inbox page for a gear icon to the right of your name.  Click on that and then on Settings.

Problem Solver

Where is the Email Preferences List???

I had no say in the matter, my email program was changed to this NEW view.  As the subject line asks, how do I locate the Preferences List?  I looked all over the new offering and found nothing!!!

Preferences~javascript.png

And most noticeable, inflicting such a lack luster, bland, washed out email viewing box.  Smiley Sad

ciao, bj