Community Forum

When I load the comcast website it takes forever for the email icon to appear in the black band

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Re: When I load the comcast website it takes forever for the email icon to appear in the black band

Had the same problem and was able to resolve it by clicking on the three dots in the upper right hand corner then scrolling down to settings then going to Clear Browser Data, then clicking on Choose What to Clear I checked the top three choices, then clicked on the clear button. I had to do this twice and the website loaded quickly along with the email icon. This was with the Edge Browser in W-10. The Chrome browser worked fine but all my favorites are on the Edge Browser. I am not sure if this will be a permanent fix or only a work around everytime that I first try to load the Xfinity home page.

New Poster

Re: When I load the comcast website it takes forever for the email icon to appear in the black band

My husband played with this for several hours. Finally removed the wifi connection. It's now working well. Don't know if that had anything to do with it or if it was because he reset the router again. Maybe we need to do that more often.  However, even though it shows the email icon (on xfinfity website) and I have logged in, I keep getting the "page not found" but if I click on the bing link, it works.

Contributor

I have no solution to your problem.

But I am having the same issues.  The problem began right after the Microsoft Windows 10 Anniversay update hit my desktop.

The Xfinity home page takes forever to load.  I can't access my email from the Favorites Bar.  It tells me the page can't be found and I made sure the info was current.

Very frustrating and I'm not tech savy enough to know whom to blame.

New Poster

When I load the comcast website it takes forever for the email icon to appear in the black band

I have Windows 10 and a pretty new computer. Something is not right and I'm not sure where the problem is. When I open the xfinity website the email icon should appear in that black band at the top but it takes forever to appear and sometimes not at all. 

Suggestions please.