Xfinity Forum Archive...
This is an archived section of the community.
Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.
This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.
Post your questions in the Xfinity Community
Recently I've been getting rather unstable internet speeds/connections, the internet would randomly slow down or take forever to connect to a server. It's gotten so bad to the point I can not even upload a simple 500mb video up to youtube without it taking several hours to finish. Anyone know why my comcast internet and others are experiencing bad service lately?
My speeds should be 55down and 11up, however today they're ridiculous.
the speed test has way too much fluctuations in taking it.
Solved! Go to Solution.
We need more information please:
- Post your upstream and downstream signal levels. Click the link or type: http://192.168.100.1 or http://10.0.0.1 into your browser. We are interested in your power levels (dBmV) and your Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR). You may also want to contact Comcast and ask for your upstream SNR (uSNR) and receive level.
- Post your modem’s error logs.
- Post the make and model of your modem.
- Post the make and model of your router if you have one.
- Let us know if you contacted Comcast or had a tech visit.
- Let us know what the lights on your modem are doing when you are having problems.
- Plug directly into the modem (no router) via ethernet and run ShaperProbe.
- If you have already posted some of this information, you don't need to post it again.
Marked "solved" thread now closed.