Community Forum

What does Comcast do with a message marked as spam after I delete it from the Spam folder?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Re: What does Comcast do with a message marked as spam after I delete it from the Spam folder?

Thanks for the response. I consier the issue closed.

Expert

Re: What does Comcast do with a message marked as spam after I delete it from the Spam folder?

ComcastAntiSpam wrote:

.................................................... I believe there's also a settings preference to auto-delete messages in the Spam folder after some number of days.

There is in the old email format.  But everyone is being migrated to the new format, and the default for Spam retention is 7 days, or 2000 messages, whichever comes first.  It cannot be changed.

Official Employee

If you've already marked it as spam, that's the correct thing to do.  Those reports help train the filters to keep that stuff out of your inbox in the future.  You can feel free to clean up your Spam folder as often as you like.  I believe there's also a settings preference to auto-delete messages in the Spam folder after some number of days.

Frequent Visitor

What does Comcast do with a message marked as spam after I delete it from the Spam folder?

Almost daily, Comcast filters or I mark e-mail messages as spam. After I review the messages in my Spam folder, I 'delete' them. Does Comcast have any process in place to deal with such messages in a way that will discourage additional spam from the same source?