Community Forum

Web sites denied access

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Contributor

Re: Web sites denied access

spinnerfamily wrote:

using a different wifi account, the computer will connect to all websites. This is quite the pain, what can I do to fix this?

Seems you have the answer already.  Delete the account you want to use and re-add it.  Something went FUBAR with the permissions apparently.  You could always try re-classifying the account as a minor/restricted and then toggle it back to 18+.

New Poster

Web sites denied access

I have logged into myxfinity, gateway xfinity, search through all related links to turn off parental control since is preventing me from opening up different websites. Parental controls are all off/disabled on both myexfinity and the gateway for all services. I also deleted all cookies and restored my computer to an earlier date; unfortunatly this was bad advice from a xfinity support help call. Bad advice because if I turn off wifi connection to the gateway comcast box, and open hot spots from my phone and using a different wifi account, the computer will connect to all websites. This is quite the pain, what can I do to fix this?