Community Forum

Web pages slow to load or don't load at all with Xfinity Toolbar

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Web pages slow to load or don't load at all with Xfinity Toolbar

Web pages either didn't load at all, or loaded very slowly with the Xfinity toolbar active. I am using IE 11 in Windows 7.  As soon as I disable the toolbar, the problem went away.  Is this a known problem with the toolbar?  Is there a solution for this, or should I just not use the Xfinity toolbar?

Tags (1)
Expert

Re: Web pages slow to load or don't load at all with Xfinity Toolbar

Flash1223 wrote:

Web pages either didn't load at all, or loaded very slowly with the Xfinity toolbar active. I am using IE 11 in Windows 7.  As soon as I disable the toolbar, the problem went away.  Is this a known problem with the toolbar?  Is there a solution for this, or should I just not use the Xfinity toolbar?

We really don't recommend use of the toolbar, or any tool bars.  The Xfinity toolbar seems to cause more problems than what it's worth.

I am not a Comcast employee.
I am a customer volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

IE 11 is blocking a pop -up every time I click on "View Messages."  Is a virus or malware being blocked?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

That's what I thought.  The only toolbar I have is Norton.  Anything else seems to slow down the browser.  Thanks for the info.

Contributor

I'm a bit late to the "party" so to speak, but I have had no problems with the Xfinity toolbar on Windows 7 SP1 x64 with IE11. It loads really fast, it's convenient, and I never get cut-off when viewing a live show or movie. I think it is well worth having it, but that's my opinion. IE11 has so many page load errors that has got nothing to do with the toolbar. So, I recommend using the toolbar.

LindaSView