Community Forum

WIFI

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Expert

Re: WIFI

Toggle Bridge Mode On/Off

1. Using a device connected to your Wireless Gateway home network, open a web browser and go to the Admin Tool at http://10.0.0.1. If you are disabling bridge mode, this device must be connected to your Gateway with an Ethernet cable.
  2. Enter the default username and password:
    • Username: admin
    • Password: password (case sensitive)
    • Note: If you previously changed your Admin Tool password, use the new password to log in.
      Admin Tool Login Screen with Username and Password fields in the middle and Login button at the bottom.

3. From the left-hand column, select Gateway > At a Glance.
  4. Next to Bridge Mode, click Enable.
    Gateway at a Glance screen with Wifi SSID and Passkey displaying.
  5. A message appears stating "WARNING: Enabling Bridge Mode will disable Router functionality of Gateway and turn off the private Wi-Fi network. Are you sure you want to continue?" Click OK to confirm.

Note: Your Wireless Gateway may reboot/restart.
    Warning dialog box informing user about Enabling Bridge mode

6. You can now use your own router in place of the Wireless Gateway's router capabilities. Click Logout at the top right. Connect your personal router to any of the Ethernet ports on the Xfinity Wireless Gateway.
  7. If you would like to use your Gateway's router capabilities in the future, log into the Admin Tool and navigate to Gateway > At a Glance. Set the Bridge Modefield to Disable.

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
New Poster

WIFI

I just received the updated modem from Comcast. The old one I could shut off the wifi completely because I use my own wireless router from ASUS. It is was faster for wifi speeds. So, on the new modem, I can not figure out how to shut off the wifi. Can anyone help? I did find how to shut off the public access point.

Thanks