Community Forum

WIFI not pausing!!! Help please

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

WIFI not pausing!!! Help please

All the same problems that I’ve seen everyone else writing about that their XFI basically doesn’t work. You just can’t do it. Sad as it was built to control your kids activities or other devices on your home Wi-Fi. Totally useless. When are you going to come up with some answers or a fix?

Official Employee

Re: WIFI not pausing!!! Help please

Hello and thank you for reaching out. What is the device you are using? 

Regular Visitor

My Gatewaz is TG1682G. I tried to pause all type of devices. From iphones to ipads and my macbook. Without sucess.  Those devices cans still connect to the wifi and access the internet.

Official Employee

@MonBug - I replied back to your public thread. Please let me know if you have any questions.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Was there a resolution to this? I am having the same issue with devices not pausing and bedtime not working. I have tested my iPad by pausing it and while it was paused I could still connect to the Wi-Fi
Frequent Visitor

Same issue were with pausing devices and bed time mode not working. I contacted support (via chat). They gave me a ticket number and said it would be 24-48 hours. I have a feeling that this issue will not get resolved even know I have a ticket number... Seems like the latest update with the xFi app created this problem. I'm running xFi versions 1.5.0 (10500029) on my iPhone.

Official Employee

Hello,

@Blynn0603 - Please provide names of the devices you are having issues with and I will submit a ticket for Advanced Repair to investigate.

@jlmank33 - Your ticket has not been picked by an agent yet. I will keep an eye on it. 

We are investigating each incident one by one. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

I just did another test with the device names Bren's iPad and Mac, however, I'm having issues with all of my devices. About 2-3 weeks ago, it was working as it should because I had to unpause my daughter's school pc when she went past her bedtime start time and also on the weekend when she had to do homework. Appreciate the follow up. Note, I am also on xFI version 1.5.0
Frequent Visitor

I would like it to be documented that I'm not pleased with the customer service so far. I first reported this issue to Comcast on Thursday, October 19, 2017. I was suppose to received a call 24-48 hours. I did not receive that call. I had to call in. During that conversation, the tech was disconnected and did not return the call at the number provided to him. I enable a chat session with you in-which the tech stated that ticket CR739668176 was resolved, but it has not. So, they had to give me a new ticket number and stated it would be 24 hours or a maxium of 72 hours. Just frustrated with this issue and treatment from Comcast.

New Poster

I was able to get mine working again. This is what I did...login to the admin screen 10.0.0.1. Under managed devices, ensure 'enable' is selected (mine somehow got disabled). I removed all the blocked devices - logged off my app - deleted it and downloaded again. I tested I could pause a device which was successful and reset bedtime modes, which also worked when my daughter's pc paused when she was doing homework Smiley Happy Hope this works for you!
New Poster

I am also unable to pause devices (although they showed they are paused).

I was unable to do the first step. I could not find where it said enable to disable under managed devices. There was just a message to go to xfinity site and I can't find an option there either. I looked under parental control and connected devices. If possible could you list your exact steps you used to get to managed devices.

Thank you.

PS I did try to uninstall and then reinstall app and that did not work. 

Frequent Visitor

Blynn0603, thanks for the reply... I do not see anything that says managed devices. Attached is the only titles I see. Clicked under each drop-down section, but did not see anything that states managed devices.

Screenshot-2017-10-22 Gateway At a Glance - Xfinity.png
New Poster

Here are the step by step instructions: Log in to 10.0.0.1 - parental control - managed devices - this is where you will see the enable/disable buttons. If it's not disabled, disable and then enable it and click on the x for every line item under the blocked devices section. I'm not a Comcast tech or a techy of any sort, just trying different things while waiting on Comcast for a resolution. Good luck.
New Poster

It's under parental control. Are you signing in as admin? I added a screen print of what I see
IMG_7910.PNG
Frequent Visitor

For some reason, I do not have the option to enable! Attached is what I see...

Screenshot-2017-10-22 Parental Control Managed Devices - Xfinity.png
New Poster

Now that I see that, I used to get the same message. When I called Comcast to log my issue, the agent checked to see if my router was compatible with the App. I told him that I needed to be able to block devices and I could no longer do it bc I received that same message. After the call, I noticed I was able to get to a site that I had blocked...when I went back to the admin login, my blocked sites were gone, so I readded them and I was also able to get to the devices. Maybe call Comcast back asking to reset the settings?? Not sure.
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for the help Lynn0603! I appreciate it!

Frequent Visitor

Just curious, why does it state that this issue is "SOLVED" when obviously others, like me, are still having this issue???

Screenshot-2017-10-22 Re WIFI not pausing Help please.png
Silver Problem Solver

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-xFi/Update-on-xFi-Pause-UnPause-and-Bedtime-Mode-Issues/m-p/298...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Official Employee

Hello all,

@jlmank33 - The thread was marked as Solved because one of our users marked reply from ComcastShane as a Solution. I revoked the solution.  Your ticket is still open, the advanced repair team assists all regions, they will definitely reach you as soon as they can. 

@mcrone5 - I submitted a ticket for you, the advanced repair team should reach you and address this issue to engineering team. 

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the link to the information RobertWy! I'm glad that there is a problem on Xfinity's end and not the customers. Since Thursday, tech has given me the impression that the problem is very isolated, but I believe it is bigger and needs to be addressed ASAP. As of right now, everytime I check on the status of my ticket, they create another priority. (Tech has created 5 and counting), shouldn't one be enough? Like watching a dog chasing its tail here.

Official Employee

@jlmank33 - Every time when you call in or chat with our Tier 1 support about technical issues they have to create a ticket. If you want to check on the status of your ticket, you should reach Tier 3 support directly, Tier 1 agent won't be able to provide any updates. They simply don't have an access. 

You can also reach me directly and I will check the status for you. Thank you. 

Frequent Visitor

Upate:

Talked to an level 3 agent, she tried some different things, but was unsuccessful. She schedule a repairmen to come out to check my modem, ect. After getting off my cell phone with her, I noticed that she ended up knocking out my telephone service. Instead off calling back, I just waited for a repairman to come.

The repairman showed up and told me that he has no clue of the xFi app and they do not handle that. But he was able to get my phone fixed (the phone that the level 3 agent messed up) and he said that modem ect. looks good.

Thankfully, I was able to get ahold of Zack from Comcast National Repair. He is getting my repair ticket escalted to Comcast Engineers. He has been in contact with me to make sure things are getting done.

So for anyone having this same trouble, do not give up! Same yourself a lot of time,frustration & aggravation and call the Advance Repair Team <Edited. Info is not for public>. I have gotten further with them in less than 24 hours than I have in 4 days will the usual customer service!

I will post back Zack's findings & how they fixed it once it is fixed.

Official Employee

@jlmank33 - Please don't post the number for the Advanced Repair. This team is the highest level of tech support and only serious issues should go to their queue. You also have to have an open ticket in order to reach an agent, otherwise the system will transfer your call back to the main 800-XFINITY line. Both agents you've talked to are Tier 3 techs from the same team. 

Frequent Visitor

Excuse me! I believe you have a serious issue here espcially, when lots os people are having the same exact problems only to get the run-around from lower level techs. I'm sure I'm not the only one on here that is having this problem, have spoken to numerious agents (a level 3 agent that ended up discounting my phone service in error) from various levels and had spend countless hours on phone & chat. For those reasons, that makes this pausing/unpausing and bedtime mode not functioniong a serious issue!!!

Official Employee

@jlmank33 - You are correct, this is a valuable issue that requires an escalation to the engineering team. This is why I submitted tickets to Advanced Repair team for those customers who posted in this thread and replied back to me with their information. But this is an open forum where any internet user (not necessarily a Comcast customer) can access this page and view the number. It's not going to be helpful if people with simple issues like a password reset will try to reach a Tier 3 team, while other people with difficult issues like you are waiting on the line.