Community Forum

Vid Failure

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Vid Failure

Why can't I play videos from the Comcast home page or Fox News?

Are these issues even related?

Expert

Re: Vid Failure

If you are using Chrome this is a known issue.  Open an incognito session and the videos should work for you.  That or try a different browser.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

I tried your suggetion of using another broswer [Microsoft Edge] and videos did play

in both locations. However I would prefer to continue using my current browser setup.

Is there a solution to this problem?

Expert

bg2ft wrote:

I tried your suggetion of using another broswer [Microsoft Edge] and videos did play

in both locations. However I would prefer to continue using my current browser setup.

Is there a solution to this problem?

Not that I know of right now.  I'm not sure if the problem is with Chrome or with Comcast.  It's been like this for a while now.  Because of my work here in the forums, I usually have an Incognito session open in the background anyway, so it's not a huge issue for me.  But it is annoying all the same.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!