Community Forum

Vacation outgoing email message setup

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Re: Vacation outgoing email message setup

I will be in Europe until July 13th.

I will return messages at that time.

Have a wonderful summer.

supriya

Dan220 wrote:

Comcast directions are to go to 'my account' to set up a vacation message but once there, there is nothing related that I could find about how to set up an outgoing vacation message. Can someone help me? Thanks!

New Poster

I was able to setup vacation message after going though 10 steps. I am primary account holder but other employee are not able to have access to this service unless I do this for everyone by using my promary account login.  This toll is very important for everyone. We have business service and like to request Comcast team to PLEASE make this accessible for all users and setup an easy tab on main page for everyone to use with just one step instead of going through a painsful process.

Thank you.

New Poster

Same problem - the username can't be clicked on.  Why is it so difficult to do something as simple as set up a vacation message??  This is why I'm doing this - send my important emails to my gmail account so I can drop Comcast!

New Poster

These diretions do not work. When you try to select the username-there is nothing to select. The name is not highlighted and cannot be selected. There is also nothing that says email settings. This is a simple message that everyone should have the option of using. Seriously--this is Comcast Business and I can't leave a vacation message!

New Poster

I have followed the steps exactly, get to the box to enter the auto reply, but it won't save it.  This is more trouble than it's worth.  For a business, this is terribly inconvenient and needs to be fixed.

New Poster

My point is/was that although one can follow step-by-step instructions, Comcast makes it *very* difficult to use this feature because the feature is not intuitively named or placed. One should not have to resort to 8-10 steps to turn on an out-of-office/vacation message.

Regular Visitor

Those instructions are hard to find and a pain to remember and execute.  This feature needs to be an easy, quick change/delete.  i will not use it as is.

New Poster

Hi CC - I have no trouble setting up the auto vacation reply, but when I test it from another email, I never get the auto-reply message.  Actually, no one does. What could I be doing wrong? 

Regular Visitor

I would like to set up vacation email message to start on a certain date and end on another date.  I can do this in other email programs and would like to do this also here. Will this ever be added

New Poster

I tried the instructions but I do not get to the email detailed settings, just an account overview. 

Maybe something has changed on their pages, can you see if it still works for you?

Thanks,

Dave

New Poster

I still can't get this to work, even with the instructions, did you ever get it to work?

Thanks,

Dave

New Poster

The customer Control Center is not labeled, so you might not realize that you are there.

It is important that you are logging in using your primary account.  At least that is the problem I had at this point in the process.  If you are using the primary account, just click on where it is displayed and that will take you to the next set

New Poster

Exactly the problem that I am having with these instructions!

I get to Customer Central ( I guess, it is not labeled) with these instructions.

It shows my my ID but when I click on it, nothing happens.  There is no link from this page captioned "Email Settings"

Why does Comcast make this so difficult

Frequent Visitor

When I follow the detailed instructions on how to set up a vacation outgoing email message, once I go to my account and access preferences, I do not get to Customer Control Center.  I see nowhere that I can set this up.  Any ideas?  Thanks

Gold Problem Solver

Lori,

Did you try the directions I gave in an earlier post?  I gave details instructions, step by step to follow.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Poster

This feature is not readily or intuitive at all. Their programmers and the people who write the help files really need to up their game.

New Poster

Thanks, Carole. That's just what I needed. Dan

Gold Problem Solver

Dan220 wrote:

Comcast directions are to go to 'my account' to set up a vacation message but once there, there is nothing related that I could find about how to set up an outgoing vacation message. Can someone help me? Thanks!

Follow these steps:

Sign in with your Primary Username and password

Click on My Account at the top of the page

You are directed into Customer Central... Now-

Click on the Users & Preferences tab

Click on the Username you want to have the vacation message

Click on Email Settings

Scroll down to AUTO REPLY

Click on Auto Reply.  A window opens for you to type in your Auto Reply messave

Click on SAVE.

Don't forget to go back in again when you want to shut it off!

ZZZZ.JPG

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Poster

Vacation outgoing email message setup