Community Forum

Using two browsers IE and Chrome

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Re: Using two browsers IE and Chrome

Thank you for further explaination.  Truly appreciative of the simplicity of your reply for.it is needed at times for thoes who are ignorant of todays internet. 

Expert

Re: Using two browsers IE and Chrome

nov2014 wrote:

Please bear with me if my post seems rambling and hard to understand.  

I am using two bowsers IE and Chrome.  Am assuming that one browser will be set and used by one user.  My assumption based on usage. Having tried using both while the same user and have issues with chrome needing to be updated with the caution triangle and asked to signed in again. However just using a specific browser with a specific user presents no issues.

So does anyone know if that assumption is correct?  Does only one browser" have" to be used and "tied to a specific user"?

Any user can use any browser they choose.  Regardless of which browser is being used, when going to the xfinity.comcast.net page in order to get to your email you will need to sign in.  This does not "sign" you in to the internet.  Just opening a browser allows you to go to any internet site.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Using two browsers IE and Chrome

Please bear with me if my post seems rambling and hard to understand.  

I am using two bowsers IE and Chrome.  Am assuming that one browser will be set and used by one user.  My assumption based on usage. Having tried using both while the same user and have issues with chrome needing to be updated with the caution triangle and asked to signed in again. However just using a specific browser with a specific user presents no issues.

So does anyone know if that assumption is correct?  Does only one browser" have" to be used and "tied to a specific user"?

Tags (1)