Community Forum

Using Blast and only Seeing 28/6 Speeds

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Using Blast and only Seeing 28/6 Speeds

I've got Blast and am considering downgrading to Performance Starter since my speeds are reported as only being 28/6 when Blast advertises as 50/10.

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Using Blast and only Seeing 28/6 Speeds

Post the model of your modem or gateway, your speeds are typical for a D2 modem, where the new speeds need a D3 modem or gateway.  Confirm you are checking the speeds wired to your computer and not over wi-fi.

New Poster

My computer is plugged into a router which is plugged into the modem.

My modem is a Motorola SB6121 Surfboard DOCSIS 3.0

My router is a Linksys E2500

Regular Visitor

Can you connect the computer directly to the modem and perform the speetest that way?

Also look into your modem signal levels and noise which is located browsing usually to http://192.168.100.1 but also could be in http://10.0.0.1 depending on your modem configuration.

A print screen of your modem signal level will help to see if the issue might be coming from the outside wiring or the modem itself.

Bronze Problem Solver

28/6 is what is consistent with Performance speeds. You should call Comcast and verify they have sent the correct config file for Blast to your modem.
New Poster

Here's the modem signal levels: https://i.imgur.com/E8b6s55.png

New Poster

Is that something they can do remotely or do they have to send someone?

Bronze Problem Solver

Call or do a online chat with Comcast and have them check to make sure you have the correct file on your modem for Blast Internet. The speeds you posted are consistent with Performance Internet not Blast. This is a common issue and very easy to fix if indeed this is your problem.
Regular Visitor

I agree with Jim721. Signal SNR looks perfectly fine besides those few codewords which probably will stay at zero if you reboot the modem. But if you reboot the modem and you still see some numbers at the last tab "Signal Stats (Codewords)". Then you have some noise (interference) going on in the connections going to your modem.

Take a closer look at the channel ID # 1 which is the most used by the modems. In your modem signals it shows 1.5 millions correctables and only 17,728 uncorrectables which is almost nothing to be compared with the unerrored codewords which are 186,330,034,592 ..... So....

If you still keep getting correctables and uncorrectables after the reboot then take note of which frequency is the one misbehaving and let Comcast know about it.

But if you want to try to solve this issue yourself then in your side you can also verify the cable as long as you can to make sure is not broken or has hard bends and if possible try to connect the modem directly without splitters just to discard the issue is not in one of the splitters or any of the devices connected in the same cable. But this is only done if you still see correctables and uncorrectables after the reboot.