Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Username changed

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Username changed

Ok, here is my problem.  My username was changed without my knowledge or authorization.  Talking with Xfinity was a dead end. They could not find my old email address that I have had for years.  It just vanished and a new one was created in my name.  Here's where it gets interesting.  In my account settings it says that my account was changed on Saturday 10/21 @ 813pm EST.  I got my last email Sat before the change at 407pm and it even says in the (ToSmiley Happy field that it was sent to my old email address.  Xfinity has no records at all of my old email address.  Emailing my new username goes to my old mailbox, but in the basic acount settings it has my old email. In the secure account settings it has my new address.  Has anyone had this problem?  And if so is there a way to get Xfinity to fix it?

Expert

Re: Username changed

You might want to call Comcast's CSA (Customer Security Assurance). They may be able to help you.  Their phone number is (888) 565-4329.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

Hello gailhash. 

Have you contacted the CSA about this yet? Were they able to assist you? 

If you need further assistance, I can help. 

New Poster

My username also got changed without my knowledge;  I called Xfinity/Comcast securty and got a ticket number.  After five days they closed the ticket without changing my username back.  Called again and got another ticket and was told now I am at bottom of priority list.  All I wanted was my username/email that I have had for 25+ years.  After 8 days now...I have given up, I cannot be without a working email address, I finally spent two hours or so changing my email address everywhere and I sure I have missed some.

Like many Xfinity/Comcast customers am stuck with their service as there is no other real choice.

So advice to original poster....just change your username/email address as you will NEVER get your old one back.