Community Forum

Upload Speeds drop to 0mb in the late afternoons and evenings.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Re: Upload Speeds drop to 0mb in the late afternoons and evenings.

Didn't get a chance yet, I'll do that tomorrow after work! 

Official Employee

Hi, cateyes1 - I can review your RF signal levels and see if there any wiring issues. Please send me a private message and include your full name, the account holder's name and address as it listed on the billing statement, a phone or an account number. Thank you!

Diamond Problem Solver

@cateyes1 wrote:

Here's the one from my upload speed being 0.07. I'm not sure why it's displaying similar values, it's clearly on my end not working correctly. Smiley Sad

Let me review your post too thanks.

Have you called for those upstream receive figures ?

Expert

@cateyes1

I've asked an employee to check the CMTS for real-time and historical RF signal reports from your modem. They can also check your local node/plant for any degradation or error reports. You can expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Frequent Visitor

Here's the one from my upload speed being 0.07. I'm not sure why it's displaying similar values, it's clearly on my end not working correctly. Smiley Sad

Let me review your post too thanks.

infos2.png
Diamond Problem Solver

The stats as read at the modem level at that moment in time were o/k but there are three additional signal stats that can cause it which can't be read by the modem. They can only be read from their end by them polling the CMTS (Cable Modem Termination System) at the local headend facility.

They are the "Upstream Rx Power" (Upstream Receive Power Level), the "Upstream SNR Ch." (Upstream Signal To Noise Ratio), and the "Upstream ICFR" (In Channel Frequency Response). These are as equally important in diagnosing connectivity issues as are the modem's stats.

You can call in and ask what these figures are. The Upstream Receive Power Level should fall within the range of -2dB to +2dB with 0dB being in the middle and perfect.

The Upstream SNR should be least 31dB, and the higher it is the better.

The ICFR should be no higher than 2 dB.

You could have an intermittent noise ingress issue in only the upstream channel(s) / return path only somewhere.

They will be able to see whether or not everything is in the green zone and also see a history plot for the modem.

Frequent Visitor

It's a Linksys EA7300. I've tried both wifi and eithernet, both using the router and directly using the modem. It was confirmed it's not an issue with the router or modem by a tech previously. Here's the info off that site, I'll post later tonight as well during the down time so you can compare.

infos.png
Diamond Problem Solver

What do the modem's signal stats look like ? Try getting them here http://192.168.100.1 or here http://10.0.0.1

Please post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers.

What is the exact make and model number of the modem ?

Is this a WiFi connection ?

Frequent Visitor

Upload Speeds drop to 0mb in the late afternoons and evenings.

Hello!

I'm been ahving a major issue in the past three weeks or so with my upload speeds just tanking in the late afternoons and evenings. I've had a tech come out and replace some connnectors they said were bad, but as soon as evening rolled around the issue persisted.

It's incredibly hampering, since part of my busniess is streaming on Twitch, and the prime hours are in the evenings. Now I'm completely unable to do so, losing out of revenue because of this.

It's not an issue with my modem or router either as both were checked. I can't imagine it's due to any "traffic" either since it's only recent that this has started.

Any suggestions would be great, it's incredibly frustrating to be losing out on income because of a fixable issue. Thanks!