Community Forum

Upgraded to Gigabit Internet Service and am still getting Blast! Speeds

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

Upgraded to Gigabit Internet Service and am still getting Blast! Speeds

On Sunday I upgraded my home's internet service to the Gigabit service however I'm only getting 250/10 Mbps speeds.  I have a Netgear CM600 modem (which I know isn't good enough for 1 gigabit) and am trying to at least get the boot file containing their 400 Mbps configuration.  Is there any way to get comcast to send that bootfile over so in the meantime before I buy the CM1000 I can at least get half the speed?

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Upgraded to Gigabit Internet Service and am still getting Blast! Speeds

You would actually have to be subscribed the Extreme Pro 400 speed tier in order for the backend billing / provisioning system to be able to push that corresponding boot file to the modem.

Contributor

So basically it's either buy a new modem now or continue getting the Blast! tier internet until I buy the new modem?

Diamond Problem Solver

Or upgrade your subscription to the 400 speed tier.

Contributor

Do you mean downgrade? I upgraded to Gigabit on Sunday.

Diamond Problem Solver

O/k that was the wrong word. *Switch* or *update* from whatever you have now to Extreme Pro 400 tier...

Official Employee

Hello apnowak91. If you need assistance changing your service to Extreme 400 or if you'd like to rent a Comcast modem that is compatible with the Gigabit service, I can help. If so, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you.