Community Forum

Unstable internet connection

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Unstable internet connection

My internet connection has been unstable for three years.  During this time, I've contacted Comcast/Xfinity countless times via phone/chat and numerous techs have visited my home with absolutely no lasting resolution.  How do I get this resolved?

Expert

Re: Unstable internet connection

Start here: troubleshooting guide. If you still need help, please post your equipment details (make/model of your modem/gateway/router) and a screenshot of your signal levels and your error/event log. Thank you!

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Totally worthless response.  Thanks for nothing.

Expert

@mobax wrote:

Totally worthless response.  Thanks for nothing.

This is a peer-to-peer help forum. We can't offer any advice if you don't give us any information. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Administrator

@mobax,

We apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced with your Internet service. If you can send me your name, address, phone number, and account number via a private message, we will happily investigate this further for you and work to get this resolved.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

ComcastJessie,

Thanks for your reply.  I tried to send you a private message but I cannot enter text when I open up the private message.

Sincerely,

mobax

New Poster

I have had the same problem with comcast for the last 4 years, twice a year at least I have to go through the techs coming here several times then i might get a lineman to come. I get a temporary fix and then a few months later it is back to internet and cable both disconnection several times a day. Like today probaly cut out no less then 20 times. Seems they would be able to figure out the problem and fix it for good. Good luck I hope theings get figured out for you. As of for me they have changed out everything inside and out several times and still same thing. Makes me want to go back to old provider which my mother did for same problem in same town.