Community Forum

Unstable Network Connection

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Unstable Network Connection

After around half a dozen calls, and 300$+ spent in new networking equipment, I've finally learned that first Comcast technician did not properly check my signal properly for the upstream channels. I have purchased an RF Amplifier with an Active Return to try and boost my upstream signal, thus resulting in lowering my 57+ dBmV for upstream channels.

I'm not an expert, so I am requesting that someone ensure my levels are now okay. It seems the downstream might be a little high now, but I feel like it'll be okay being just below the upper limit, or at least I think...

Thanks again for the help, I'm hoping this nightmare will come to an end soon.

1.png
2.png
New Poster

Re: Unstable Network Connection

I'd like to add that I was experiencing dropouts where my bandwidth would drop out to almost nothing until I would reboot. This is no longer happening, but if my downstream is considered too high to be stable, please advise. I do not want to have to pay for a technician. They've tried charging me already for an install that never happened, I already had it setup and had service here.

EDIT: Would a 3-6 dB Attenuator work?

New Poster

Re: Unstable Network Connection

I got this sorted myself, it's been a horrific time Comcast. From here on out I'll be making BBB and FCC Complaints. Thanks for the help, I wouldn't be so upset if I haven't already had to call half a dozen times, argue an installation fee when one never happened, and of course went out buying new Networking Equiipment because I got a Rep named Felicia twice who was rude and acted like all of this was my fault, insisting that I needed to purchase a new modem.

EDIT: Oh, and the last few weeks my account was never fully activated and nobody could even tell me that. I was being assigned a Comcast DNS that is used for activation purposes up until a few days ago, and the only reason I even figured it out is because I was having to diagnose and look into everything myself.