Community Forum

Unable to edit email filters!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Re: Unable to edit email filters!

Thanks for that, Latoque.  I'll stop trying to edit or add filters.  Comcast's online email program has always been somewhat lackluster, but it (mostly) worked and I didn't want to take the time to configure a third party program, but maybe now I will.

Expert

Since I last replied to this thread 2 1/2 years ago, I have done some testing with the filters in Comcast.  I have to say that I only recommend people use them if they work OK.  If they don't, there is likely nothing you can do on your end to fix it.  I don't use them myself but rather use a desktop email client to do any filtering (in my case Mac Mail).

But if you don't want to use a client for some reason, you might consider having your Comcast email auto-forwarded to another email provider like Outlook.com or Gmail, and use the filtering they offer.

The filters in Comcast are part of the underlying email program software provided by Zimbra.  Comcast doesn't write their own.  The filters have been problematic for a long time.  I have no idea why they can't seem to get such a basic email feature to work right for a lot of people.

Just sayin.

Frequent Visitor

I am experiencing the same problem.  Changing to the Lite version made no difference.

Expert

Anon428213 wrote:

This email at Comcast/xfinity, keeps sending at reply to my email messages that I do not send them, I have spent hours onto Comcast, changed my password 4 times, got my computer cleaned out of all spam and Comcast still sends the spam???????

You will need to be more specific about the problem you are having.  Are you saying you are getting a lot of spam?

Regular Visitor

This email at Comcast/xfinity, keeps sending at reply to my email messages that I do not send them, I have spent hours onto Comcast, changed my password 4 times, got my computer cleaned out of all spam and Comcast still sends the spam???????

Expert

This is pretty typical of a browser problem-----------------

Try clearing out your browser's cache. Cookies and other small files in there can cause a lot of problems if they become conflicting, broken or expired. When you have done that, then close out the browser and re-start it.

If that doesn't do the trick, then try using a different browser and see if you can duplicate the problem there. If it works OK then you will know the problem probably lies with the first browser.

Also, you could try switching from the Full version of Xfinity to the Lite version. Go to Preferences>>>>General, and see which one you're using now. I think Full is the default. Check the Lite, sign out of your email and then back in again. You should be in the Lite version now.

Let us know if any of that helps.

New Poster

Unable to edit email filters!

Unable to edit email filters I set up in Preferences.  Will allow me to delete them, but clicking on the Pen (to edit) doesn't do anything.  Help?  Thanks.