Community Forum

Unable to connect to mail server

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Unable to connect to mail server

The Comcast Email client is terrible.  Does anyone from Comcast monitor this board?  Today I see the message:

"Unable to connect to mail server. Possible reasons: The mail server is (temporarily) down or there are network connection problems. Please try again in a few minutes."

The client is slow and sometimes you can't connect to individual messages.  I have a workaround in that I can use Mac Mail to access my Comcast account.  So at least when their email servers are working I can get to my mail.  My wife typically uses the client through a browser on a work computer and that's the part that just doesn't ever work well and often doesn't work at all.  To add insult to injury they show you ads even when you can't access email.

Has anyone found any workarounds to these email issues through a browser?  Are you listening Comcast?  Do something!!
Contributor

Re: Unable to connect to mail server

Nobody appears to be listening or doing anything to fix the ongoing problems related to this new email format.  Some suggestions are to clear your cookies or try a different brower.Switch browsers...really?  Never had to do that with the old email format.   It's a terrible system and we are stuck with it.  

New Poster

Re: Unable to connect to mail server

I was thinking that it might be due to lack of revenue from email?  They still show us ads so doubt that's it but they are eliminating the calendar.  Heaven forbid they think about actually making their customers happy.