Community Forum

Unable to access email going on 6 days and furious with the amount of time on phone/chat w/Comcast!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Unable to access email going on 6 days and furious with the amount of time on phone/chat w/Comcast!

While trying to log into email, was sent to a page for "set-up" and no option anymore to bypass.

I do not have a "personal email" nor a mobile number.

I tried to chat and that was seriously a joke. Whomever I chatted with was sending responses that had nothing to do with my questions. Made me think they were intoxicated or ?

I then called multiple times, Hours on the calls, only to be passed to another over and over again.

Finally spoke to a gal from the US (I could actually understand her) and she personally used her phone to create a gmail account for me to satisfy that "set-up" step and thought that would do it... it did not. and she told me a supervisor informed her these requirements were from the FCC? Well, I cannot find anything to support that reason... she had no way to satisfy the mobile number requirement and attempted to send me to a level 3 tech support person but instead I was sent to a male, level 2 in the Philipines who was unable to help and created yet another case#. He promised a level 3 person would be in touch that night  - Friday 3/30/18... but still NO CALL. Case # CR770984501 I'm livid! I have been a customer since the 80s with my email since the mid 90's ... I pay a small fortune every month ... this is ridiculous. No wonder most people use the word "hate" when referencing Comcast. I NEED SOMEONE TO FIX THIS YESTERDAY!

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Unable to access email going on 6 days and furious with the amount of time on phone/chat w/Comca

There is a way to bypass the two stage verification page, but it's not readily visible. You can click "remind me later", which is in tiny font in much the same color as the background, at the bottom of the page.  It does keep it from coming back for a while, until you clear your cache or delete cookies.

Capture1.JPG

New Poster

Re: Unable to access email going on 6 days and furious with the amount of time on phone/chat w/Comca

The option "ask me later" had disappeared.

Since I wrote the a level 3 tech support person reached out, reset my email, called me a hour later (time it took to reset) and now, finally I am able to access.

Delete my post if you see fit.

Bronze Problem Solver

That's odd, isn't it?  Glad you're able to get it;  shouldn't have taken six days.