Community Forum

Unable to access Xfi app on my phone, tablet or laptop

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Unable to access Xfi app on my phone, tablet or laptop

When I open the app or go to the webpage I get a screen saying I have to upgrade my equipment in order to use Xfi, which is odd because I could use it just a couple of days ago. Once I bypass that screen it sits on testing connection but never does anything. I have three devices paused that I cannot unpause because I can't access the app. I've had my modem for a week so I doubt I need to upgrade it already. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Official Employee

Re: Unable to access Xfi app on my phone, tablet or laptop

thomas13470, thanks for reaching out here. I have checked out your modem and you do not have a xFi capable modem which is why you're having an issue unpausing. You can exchange your modem at your local service center or I can ship one to you. Let me know which you prefer. 

KenF

Frequent Visitor

I can exchange it. I have a service center not far from here. Will it cost anything? And I'm curious how it was able to work before.

Official Employee

No cost to you! Your monthly modem rental fee covers exchanges/upgrades. 

I'm curious how you were able to get it to work before too-- either way, this is definitely the reason why you're having trouble now. 

Frequent Visitor

Well, if there's no cost to me why don't you go ahead and ship me one? That way I'll have no downtime as I work from home. Can I just return this one to the service center once I have the new one? And the new one will still have the wireless gateway built in?

Official Employee

Sure can. Just send me a private message with your full name and address for security purposes. 

I can do you one better--I can send you a return label for the old modem so you can do everything at once. 

The new one will be the same as you have now, just xFi capable. 

KenF

Frequent Visitor

Done. Thanks so much for your help.

Official Employee

thomas13470, your new modem is on the way. I've sent you the tracking information via private message. 

KenF