Community Forum

Twitch.Tv is constantly buffering on my home network.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Re: Twitch.Tv is constantly buffering on my home network.

No one? Netflix, Hulu, everything else works. Twitch.tv is buffering when I am hitting 178mbps on a speed test.

Instantly use the same devices on a hotspot from my mobile provider and twitch.tv works fine. Is Comcast throttling twitch.tv? I am hoping someone with technical knowledge can provide some sort of suggestion for resolution.
New Poster

Twitch.Tv is constantly buffering on my home network.

I do a speed test on speedtest.net and hit up to 180mbps down and 25 Mbps up. However, when I stream Twitch.tv it is constantly buffering, even on 360p which is frankly unacceptable for the speed tier I'm on. This occurs on all devices in my household. Wired PC, wireless Roku, Smart TV, you name it.

We have already replaced our modem and had a technician come out. After countless calls to customer support and restarting the poor modem nearly 100 times from troubleshooting, I'm resorting to trying the forums.

It was fine in my area until October in last year. I do not know what changed during that time, but I figured I'd add that information. I'm in Jacksonville FL and I'm not sure if anyone else is experiencing these issues.

I also can stream 1080p 60fps on Twitch if I use these same devices on my TMobile WiFi hotspot which has slower speeds, so I believe the issue lies 100% with Comcast.

Let me know if you need any additional information.