Community Forum

Trying to purchase the correct retail router for my system

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Trying to purchase the correct retail router for my system

I have xfinity internet, wifi, tv and phone on my plan and am trying to escape the monthly router charge from Xfinity. I am trying to determine if the Netgear Nighthawk AC 1900 WiFi w/Voice will handle my "speed" needs and is compatible.

Expert

Re: Trying to purchase the correct retail router for my system

If that has an R7000 model number then the answer is no. That is a straight router only. There is no built in cable modem for internet service support and no built in eMTA for phone service support.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

Re: Trying to purchase the correct retail router for my system

Go here;

https://mydeviceinfo.xfinity.com/customerinfo

Input your "download speed". Check the box for "Voice/Telephone enabled". Check the box for "WiFi enabled" if you want a combo gateway device. Click o "Buy Equipment". See what's available.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!