Community Forum

Traffic not routing to destination when originating from Comcast

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Traffic not routing to destination when originating from Comcast

I've got 3 computers setup for remote login with Google's Chrome Remote Desktop.  Computer A and Computer B use XFinity as their Internet service provider, computer C uses Verizon Wireless as it's Internet service provider.  About 2 months ago when computer A tried to connect to computer C it would fail, and still today is unsuccessful.  When I connect computer A to the internet using Verizon wireless (my phone as a hotspot), the remote connection works fine.  Computer A can also connect to computer B using either Verizon wireless or XFinity as it's ISP.  When using Verizon wireless for computer A's ISP and logging into computer C, from computer C I can successfully remotely log into computer B.  Computer A and computer B can only remotely log into each other, but computer C can log into computer A and computer B (and presumabely other computers on Verizon's wireless network).

So it seems when Google's Chrome remote desktop originates a connection from an XFinity network to a computer on a Verizon wireless network, something is blocking the traffic.  Going the other way (Verizon -> XFinity) works fine.  I haven't called XFinity but I'm sure if I did I would get some tech support person whose response would be 'huh?'.  Wondering if there is some config item in Chrome remote desktop I could twiddle to get around this problem, or describe the problem in laymans terms an XFinity support person would actually understand.