Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Too many redirects when installing the xfi modem

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Too many redirects when installing the xfi modem

I received the dual antenna xfi modem today and was anxious to set it up. I followed the instructions that said to download the xfi app to a smart phone, connect the modem coax cable, and then open the smartphone app. I did that and it said 'Let's go'.  I clicked that but got a message that said 'too many redirects' and it went back to the main screen of the app.  I suspect that the old modem had its battery still plugged in, and so was interfering with the new modem (?).  What else must be causing this?

Expert

Re: Too many redirects when installing the xfi modem

blues_96 wrote:

I received the dual antenna xfi modem today and was anxious to set it up. I followed the instructions that said to download the xfi app to a smart phone, connect the modem coax cable, and then open the smartphone app. I did that and it said 'Let's go'.  I clicked that but got a message that said 'too many redirects' and it went back to the main screen of the app.  I suspect that the old modem had its battery still plugged in, and so was interfering with the new modem (?).  What else must be causing this?

I believe you need to disconnect the coax cable and unplug the old modem before you start.