Community Forum

Technicolor XB6 MoCA Connectivity

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Official Employee

Re: Technicolor XB6 MoCA Connectivity

@jweaver0312 - I appreciate your patience, thank you so much!

Expert

Ok. Sure thing.

Official Employee

@jweaver0312 - Would you mind to wait until we finish the investigation for the speed issues before we make any changes to your modem? 

Expert

Well the agent raised these issues I’m having to a couple of area supervisors who are supposed to call me by Tuesday at some point to try to further investigate where the issues are coming from.
Official Employee

@jweaver0312 - I think there is an issue with the modem and we just need to swap it. However, if there is an agent who monitors your issues, I can't really make any changes. If I escalate it further to the higher technical support department - they will ask to swap the modem as well. Did you get an approximate ETA time for the agent that you currently work with? 

Expert

Right now they don’t really want to switch the modem so they can try so figure out what is causing the ongoing speed issues, which as an update to that problem being it actually started when the maintenance order in the area was stared towards the end of March, being looked at but yeah I’m only connecting one device being the Actiontec WCB6200Q. It is able to get a connection however that connection doesn’t stay for anything more than a minute. It’s acting like the technicolor isn’t allowing the connection while the MoCA connection worked perfectly fine with the 1682 I used to have.
Official Employee

@jweaver0312 - Have you tried to swap the moded? Do you have only one device that you would like to connect via MoCA? 

Expert

Yes I am.
Official Employee

Hi, jweaver0312 - Do you still experience an issue with the MoCA connection? 

Expert

Technicolor XB6 MoCA Connectivity

Good evening everyone,

Just had a tech visit today and they suggested to replace my 1682 with a Technicolor XB6 (4140). Other than some massively low SNR 14.2dB on the OFDM carrier, luckily it’s not set as the primary channel, it’s been operating fine with the exception of one other thing. MoCA devices are unable to maintain a connection to this XB6. Can’t even hold a MoCA connection for anything more than minute to the Actiontec WCB6200Q. It seems the gateway is constantly closing out the MoCA connections. Yes filter is present, using a MoCA unity gain, and MoCA splitters. MoCA is enabled.

Things I attempted:
Reboot both devices
Factory Reset of both the XB6 and the WCB6200Q

I just wanted to see if there is some kind of setting or action to be done on my end to see if this can be fixed. Never happened with the TG1682. Tech is actually following up tomorrow with it as well and will also run it past him and his supervisor as well to see what they say as well.