Community Forum

Technician came to my house and took pictures in the backyard?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Technician came to my house and took pictures in the backyard?

Hi everyone, just as the post says, today a comcast tech came out and said that he needs to do an inspection on the installation of my internet service that was done about 2 weeks ago, then he went into my backyard and took pictues of the connections that are running to my house.  Is this normal comcast procedure? did anyone had the same thing happen to them? or this is a red flag.  (customer service didnt really gave me a clear answer yet)  

Thanks

Expert

Re: Technician came to my house and took pictures in the backyard?

FWIW, that person was probably not a tech. Techs try to fix stuff, not take pictures. That prolly was a supervisor.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

He looked kind of young to be a supervisor, anyway so what you are saying is that there is nothing to worry about and that comcast does these random visits (inspections) after installs?  Im just concerned that it was not some conman trying to pose as a comcast guy thats all.

New Poster

by the way, sorry for posting in the wrong place.  Feel free to move my post to appropriate place.

Thanks

Bronze Problem Solver

sania4,

We would all be guessing, unless Comcast gives you a more direct response.  To be sure, are you saying this second visit was done without any notification that it was going to take place, and the "tech" (or supervisor) just came knocking on your door?  I assume you asked him why?

Perhaps the tech that did the install had been called into question on other work they've done, and Comcast was just checking up on them.  I've never heard of what you've described in all of my time here.

But I can speak to my own experience.  I had issues way back when I had Comcast internet service added to my basic cable subscription.  Multiple visits and even line maintenance work to get things sorted.

At one point one of the techs working on connections to my house complained about the slipshod work of the one before him.  He asked if he could take some pics using his cell phone, so he could share them with the "powers that be".

Had you raised any issues to Comcast following the original install?

If all he did was take pics of your connections, I'm not sure what "con" you would be concerned with.

Regular Contributor

What is probably going on is contractor work verification. Assuming Comcast contracts out installs in your area, the contractors are supposed to meet certain standards in the install. He was probably taking pictures as part of a contractor audit to verify that installation work met standards.

Silver Problem Solver

You should have been able to ask for a company ID to be sure that he was a Comcast employee. Maybe take a picture of it with your cel phone if you didn't believe he was who he said he was.