Community Forum

Syncing icloud contacts with xfinity contacts

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Expert

Re: Syncing icloud contacts with xfinity contacts

castcom1 wrote:
I had the same problem with a vCard file exported from Mac contacts: Xfinity couldn't read it. I assumed that this was some kind of corporate Comcast vs Apple conflict. None of the big players seem to like their toys to play well with others, e.g. Comcast, Apple, Google, Microsoft, etc. After all, that would mean a good user experience with someone else's product, right? Eventually, I got the Mac contacts into Outlook 2007 and synced Xfinity from Outlook. So intuitive!
The address book is actually provided by a company called Plaxo.  They also handle the calendar.  If you are getting the error about using a valid file type, you can go to their website and try to do the import directly from there.  Use your Comcast sign-in ID and password:
https://www.plaxo.com/auth?secure=1

I'm now closing a year old thread.  If you have further questions please start your own thread in the forum.

Contributor

I had the same problem with a vCard file exported from Mac contacts: Xfinity couldn't read it. I assumed that this was some kind of corporate Comcast vs Apple conflict. None of the big players seem to like their toys to play well with others, e.g. Comcast, Apple, Google, Microsoft, etc. After all, that would mean a good user experience with someone else's product, right? Eventually, I got the Mac contacts into Outlook 2007 and synced Xfinity from Outlook. So intuitive!
New Poster

Seems like it would be that easy, but as with everything else Comcast, it doesn't work. Here's what I experienced: 

1. I go to my iCloud Contacts and select all.

2. I click on the settings gear icon and choose export vCard.

3. I'm asked if I want to open or save the file. I select save-as, rename the file "cloud.vcf" and save to my desktop. (I've also just chosen "save" and not made any modifications.)

4. In my Comcast address book, I choose "build your address book" and then "import" and choose "vCard" as the file type.

5. A pop-up screen appears and asks me to upload a vCard file from my program of choice. I click "choose file," navigate to "cloud.vcf" and click "upload."

Error message?  Please specify a valid file.

And based on previous experience with ANYTHING Comcast-related, I move on to something else, knowing this is a lost cause.

If anyone out there comes up with a solution that actually works, I'll happily try it out.

Bronze Problem Solver

Export the contacts to a CVS file then import the CVS file to the other

Frequent Visitor

Syncing icloud contacts with xfinity contacts

How do I connect icloud contacts with xfinity contacts