Community Forum

Suspicious activity cleaned up, password reset, but now sent mail never received.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Highlighted
New Poster

Suspicious activity cleaned up, password reset, but now sent mail never received.

For the first time ever, Xfinity (comcast.net) auto-reset my email password based on some suspicious activity.   As I received a sender report from an email I never set (spam), I'm very glad Comcast reset my account.  I noticed the reset email within 30 minutes and completely reset my password to a much more secure password successfully on the web site.

I am now receiving incoming emails.

Since I am on a Mac, I also reset my iMAP and SMTP passwords and my Mac OS Mail app "appears" to be working fine.   If I send myself a test email, however, it never reaches me.  It does leave my outbox, and ends up in my sent items.   This is also true for test emails sent via the xfinity web site (so it's not my Mac.)

I'm going to assume comcast/xfinity has some type of quarantine in place, or there is a propagation delay in resetting my password.  However, I'm up to about 4 hours now, and I can't send any emails.

Any suggestions or anyone know how long it should take to unclog the pipe?

New Poster

Re: Suspicious activity cleaned up, password reset, but now sent mail never received.

Resolved itself in about 20 hours.  I'll consider that propagation time.  However, sent emails that were not received, were never received and were lost so had to be resent.