Community Forum

Subscriber Amplifier CSAPDU9VP, no VOIP no TV

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Subscriber Amplifier CSAPDU9VP, no VOIP no TV

I have cancelled television and VOIP service.  The exterior line connects to the interior network through a subscriber amplifier # CSAPDU9VP.  Is there a benefit to quality of service if I remove this from the network?  The tech had trouble getting good signal to a couple of drops.  The 'voip' (white coax) goes off to the DOCSIS 3.1 modem.  The rest of the lines run off to the various TV outlets, one of which has a power injector.  Should I connect the 'in' line directly to the modem with a coupler?  Should the filter or whatever with the red band be deleted?  Thanks!

connn.jpg

Official Employee

Re: Subscriber Amplifier CSAPDU9VP, no VOIP no TV

RobertCraig5238 wrote:

I have cancelled television and VOIP service.  The exterior line connects to the interior network through a subscriber amplifier # CSAPDU9VP.  Is there a benefit to quality of service if I remove this from the network?  The tech had trouble getting good signal to a couple of drops.  The 'voip' (white coax) goes off to the DOCSIS 3.1 modem.  The rest of the lines run off to the various TV outlets, one of which has a power injector.  Should I connect the 'in' line directly to the modem with a coupler?  Should the filter or whatever with the red band be deleted?  Thanks!

connn.jpg

Your modem will gain back 4 db on the downstream(it's on the label of the port), if you remove the amp. Keep the moca filter(red band), if you have an XB3 or XB6 rented gateway.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!