Community Forum

Still no resolution to our missing emails and folders?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Still no resolution to our missing emails and folders?

I have seen several posts about missing e-mails and I am also missing many old e-mails and all my stored folders. Has anything been/being tried to recover these? Can someone from comcast get us an update? Anyone hear anything different besides what I was told that there was nothing the help center could do, they are all gone?

Expert

Re: Still no resolution to our missing emails and folders?

They may well be recoverable.  I'm escalating this to the forum admins for follow-up.  You should see a reply in this thread.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

They have been restored, thanks

Official Employee

Hi Schnoo68, thank you for the update and glad to hear your emails were restored.  Please let us know if you have any questions/concerns in the future.

Thank you

Regular Visitor

We have had the same problem with one of our email accounts.  All emails older than 1 week have disappeared as of 3/20/18.  Anything older than 3/15/18 is no longer available.  If anyone has a suggestion please help!!

Official Employee

Hi hntm, thank you for reaching out. Have you checked your "Recover Deleted Items", please refer to this link .  If this has already been tried I will gladly look into this on my side if you would  please send me a private message with your account information (your name, address and account number).

Thank you

Regular Visitor

We did try that step. How do I private message you?
Regular Visitor

Figured it out. Message sent.
Official Employee

Thank you, I have responded to your private message.

Thank you

Highlighted
New Poster

I have been having issues with Comcast email on my mobile for a month now. It will not sync and states the server is down. The same with outgoing emails. This was happening every day for over a month, but now it has not synced in 3 days. I have been able to get my emails directly from the website, but I need them updated on my mobile. I was in the Xfinity store a month ago on other business and the employee tried to change the settings and so forth. It did not work. I closed the account on my phone and then set it back up and still it does not work. How can we fix this?
Expert

What kind of phone is it?  What mail app are you trying to use?

I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

It is an LG G6 and it is the standard email app.

Expert

Are you able to sync the email using another device like a tablet, or with a desktop client like Outlook or Thunderbird on a desktop or laptop computer?  Try downloading the Xfinity Connect Mobile app and see if it works with that as a test.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.comcast.ottclient&hl=en

New Poster

As of this morning I was able to connect with my Comcast email on my LG G6.  So far it looks like it is updating properly.  I did not do anything other than cancel the account and enter the account again.  Until this morning, it continued to say the server was unavailable.  

Official Employee

Hi hntm, thank you for working with me through private message and glad we were able to get your emails restored.  Please reach out if you have any questions in the future.

Thank you for your time!