Community Forum

Static or static-ish IPv6 prefix

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Static or static-ish IPv6 prefix

Does anybody know if consumer (that is, non-business) customers can get a static ip6 prefix? If not, is it reasonable to assume that if my Juniper SRX300's DUID never changes, the prefix that gets assigned to it should not change either? If the CMTS gets replaced will it change?

Authorized Vendor

Re: Static or static-ish IPv6 prefix

@descent656 wrote:

Does anybody know if consumer (that is, non-business) customers can get a static ip6 prefix? If not, is it reasonable to assume that if my Juniper SRX300's DUID never changes, the prefix that gets assigned to it should not change either? If the CMTS gets replaced will it change?

Yes this would be true..  Unless there is a node-move or IP address block change your address should stay the same over a point in time..  Mine has been the same for over a year and before that for about 3 years..

-------------------------------------
Network Engineer, IP Engineer, Docsis..; the views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer..

Gamer.. Living the dream one catastrophe at a time Smiley Happy ..