Community Forum

Speedtests?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Speedtests?

I haven't done any speed tests in probably over a year now and at the time was measuring pretty close to what we were supposed to have (6mbps down and 1mpbps up).   I just ran a couple tests and am now measuring 18-20mbps down and 2.7-3mbps up!

Do they have PowerBoot configured long enough for it to show this much difference in speed tests now?

Scott

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Speedtests?

Speedtest sites often use such small files that PowerBoost can definitely have an impact.

I think it is more likely that your speeds were increased by Comcast as part of the upgrade of 6 MB customers to 12 MB.

Expert

Way agree with Bartleby !

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

How can I find out what download speed I should be getting on my Comcast connection?

Bronze Problem Solver

abulloch,

It should be indicated directly on your bill where your HSI (High Speed Internet) charges are shown.

If that's still unclear, call 1-800-comcast and ask them what you are provisioned for.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks, that was helpful.

But now I find that I am getting download speeds around half what I should be getting.  Downloads are running at 6, but  I'm supposed to be getting (= am paying for) 12.  (And upload is much less, of course.)

What do I do now?

Contributor

I can't find any Internet speed indication on my Comcast bill. My speeds as measures by both the Comcast and Ookla speed test are around 3.6 Mbps download and 1.4 Mbps upload. I find this unacceptably slow.