Community Forum

Speed issue / Extreme 150 / ARRIS SVG2482AC

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Speed issue / Extreme 150 / ARRIS SVG2482AC

I'm an X1 subscriber with Extreme 150 internet service, but my download speeds top out at ~90 Mbps (Xfinity speed test measured with Ethernet cable connected to ARRIS SVG2482AC gateway).  I called customer service, but he was unable to resolve.  He reset the gateway remotely, then we unplugged it, and finally hard reset to factory settings with button on back of gateway.  He confirmed that the provisioning settings on his end were consistent with Extreme 150 service.  Next step, of course, is to send a tech which I'm skeptical will resolve the issue since I own the gateway.  Any help/guidance is much appreciated.

Gateway: ARRIS SVG2482AC (customer owned)

Connection: Incoming coax to condo unit >> Genesys II 3-way splitter, -7.5dB out >> EVO1-DC-9 directional coupler, -9dB tap >> ARRIS gateway

Splitter and coupler are both 5-1000MHz

Speed test: ~90 download / ~15 upload (Dell Latitude wired direct to gateway)

Error logs:  the gateway has "event logs" which appear to just show activity from the reset

Signal Screenshots:

image.pngDown1-5image.pngDown 6-11image.pngDown 12-17image.pngDown 18-23image.pngDown 24

image.pngUpstream