Community Forum

Speed increase- decreased my speed and connection

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Speed increase- decreased my speed and connection

Early last week I recieved a letter from comcast stating that I was getting a speed increase. I reset my router as the letter suggested. Since then, I have had extremely slow internet and extreme connectivity issues. I had reset my modem through the app multiple times when it continued to freeze my streaming video. I called customer service around 7 or 8 p.m. on 1/5 and she had me unplug my router to do a power cycle. After doing this, it seemed as if my internet was fixed, for about 30 minutes. I had to unplug my router and "power cycle" it 3 times before 10 am on 1/6. I then took my router to our comcast office and exchanged it with a new one. This did nothing to help my internet. It now is affecting all devices that are connected to the modem. I ran 3 speed tests last night and their results for downloading were 1.78, 6.04 (On Xfinity speed test), and 1.49. What can I do to correct this? If I need to 'decrease' back to the speed I had, then so be it. I had better speed and connection before.