Community Forum

Spam filters

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Expert

Re: Spam filters

mlgriner wrote:

Where is the screened folder you are talking about?

You need to start your own thread with the question you need to ask describing your situation.  This thread is over 11 years old and I'm closing it.

Regular Visitor

Where is the screened folder you are talking about?

Most Valued Poster

In your Account Management, Go to Edit/View Spam and you can disable the spam filtering there.
Not applicable

How would I un-filter the spam mail? Since I get several emails from ebay per day, I think something is blocking the forwarding of ebay email to my cell phone..

Steve
Most Valued Poster

> I accidentally filtered some of my incoming email as
> spam and they are people I would like to hear from
> again.

--------------------------

If you report a message as spam by mistake, it won't automatically be added to the filter as spam. It looks for trends in multiple E-Mails that users submit, and then starts to create filters.

I reported a spam mail from a fraudulent email that indicated it was from ebay. Ever since then, none of the email that comes from ebay gets forwarded as a text message to my cell phone. Comcast says they are not blocking anything. However, I get ALL of my other email forwarded, just nothing tah has ebay in the address. Does anyone have a solution????

Steve
Most Valued Poster

Do you have it set to leave a Local Copy in the Screened Mail folder? Review it every few days to make sure you're not missing any valid mail. It's unlikely that one mail marked as spam that isn't would affect the Brightmail filter. It doesn't block a specific email address by request.
Not applicable

Spam filters

I accidentally filtered some of my incoming email as spam and they are people I would like to hear from again.

How do I "unexclude" these people from my spam filters?