Community Forum

Sorting email using Group by "From" (sender) is not available.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Re: Sorting email using Group by "From" (sender) is not available.

Hello Latoque!

Thanks soooo much for helping me!!!  My email is set to 'by message' and reading pane off".

It now has 'Today' ...'Yesterday"....'Last Week'....which I would like to remove.

After doing the clicks you suggested....I now have an arrow next to the word From...but when

I click it ....it goes from 'arrow up'   to ' arrow down'.....but the from list doesn't change at all.

:-)

What should I do now?

Thanks!!!!

Paula

Expert

I'm assuming you are using the View with the Reading pane at the bottom.  If so, right-click on the grey area to the right of the word "From" and you should see the options I'm posting below my signautre line;  is that what you're looking for?

Screen Shot 2015-02-22 at 1.40.29 PM.jpg
Regular Visitor

Tried to left click "From" to get comcast email to sort by person the email is from and it doesn't work? It use to work.....what happened?

Expert

bfjoiner wrote:

How do I sort email by sender?  When I right click on From, then choose :Group By" it only gives the option for date.

What option are you wanting?  If alphabetically by sender, just left click on From.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

Sorting email using Group by "From" (sender) is not available.

How do I sort email by sender?  When I right click on From, then choose :Group By" it only gives the option for date.