Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Some outgoing email not delivered

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Some outgoing email not delivered

Comcast is my ISP. However, I have a business website hosted by EarthLink, which also provides my business with email addresses. I use Windows Live Mail 2012 as my email program. So, EarthLink delivers mail to me at my domain name email address (incoming mail POP3), and Comcast handles outgoing mail (smtp@comcast.net) again same domain name email address. My business partner who lives two towns away has the exact same email setup. About two weeks ago we both began experiencing problems with outgoing email. Most emails with a brief amount of text in the mail body go out without a problem. However, some emails with attachments or our e-newsletter is not delivered -- no error messages bounce back to me, nothing.

My outgoing mail SMTP setting is Port 587. Something similar to this happened in 2015 and Comcast techs fixed it and referred to it as "blackholing" the outgoing mail. Any help from Comcast would be appreciated. This is killing my business.

Expert

Re: Some outgoing email not delivered

If you have a business class account you need to be in the business forums.  they have their own, here------------------------

http://forums.businesshelp.comcast.com/

This forum is for residential customers.

Frequent Visitor

I don't have a business account, just work from home and have Comcast as my ISP. I filled out a form and submitted to Comcast's IP blacklist check and my IP is not on their list. I believe my issue has something to due with Comcast's outbound servers. The most frustrating part is that I do not receive an error message notifying me of non-delivery after I send an email. The email goes out (not sitting in my outbox) and the recipient never receives it -- like it goes into a black hole. To make matters worse, outbound emails work sometimes on a day to day basis. Interestingly, if I respond to someone else's email, they receive my response. However, if I generate a new email and send to the same person, that person does not receive it. 

Frequent Visitor

As I mentioned earlier, my email address is associated with my website (domain name) and my web hosting is by EarthLink. So, my email address is not a Comcast-based address.