Community Forum

Some Email disappears immediately

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Some Email disappears immediately

I'm having trouble with certain email messages: they appear for a second in my Inbox, and then disappear for good. They are not in my Trash or Spam/Junk folders. It's as if they never arrived. 

These are usually email from an organization, but they are not spam emails. The most recent ones were confirmations of a hotel reservation. I had the hotel send twice; both times they disappeared the moment they hit my box. This has happened with other senders too. It may have happened with more, but I wouldn't know because they disappear without a trace. 

What can I do?

New Poster

Re: Some Email disappears immediately

I have lost over 20 emails from my inbox. When I closed the system and computer on Saturday they were there, but this morning they are no there.

@Madrona24 wrote:

I'm having trouble with certain email messages: they appear for a second in my Inbox, and then disappear for good. They are not in my Trash or Spam/Junk folders. It's as if they never arrived. 

These are usually email from an organization, but they are not spam emails. The most recent ones were confirmations of a hotel reservation. I had the hotel send twice; both times they disappeared the moment they hit my box. This has happened with other senders too. It may have happened with more, but I wouldn't know because they disappear without a trace. 

What can I do?

Official Employee

Madrona24,

It sort of sounds like you're using POP on one of your systems to download the messages and not leaving a copy in your inbox.  If you can't find the responsbile computer/device, try changing your password and see if that stops it from happening.  If not, let us know, and we'll have someone look a bit more closely.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for replying. I'm not sure what POP is, but I read email on my Macbook with the Mail program, and on my phone with the Xfinity app. It seems to happen the most if I've checked on my phone, because it's there the email shows up for a second then disappears, never to be seen again.

It's not all emails that disappear before I can read them, but just certain ones that I know of because I was expecting them; there might be more. The latest were from Hilton Garden Inn and Threshold Choir International. Is there a way for you to check on your end why certain emails are not allowed to stay in the Inbox? If I'm to change my password, is it my Xfinity password, or phone, or?

Official Employee

Send a PM with your email address, and we'll take a look.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

How do I send you a PM? I'm not seeing a button to do that.

Expert

@Madrona24 wrote:

How do I send you a PM? I'm not seeing a button to do that.

Click on his name above and then on Private message me

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

I tried that, but nothing happens. I'm just brought to a search screen. This is very frustrating, but I appreciate you trying to help!

Expert

@Madrona24 wrote:

I tried that, but nothing happens. I'm just brought to a search screen. This is very frustrating, but I appreciate you trying to help!

Try to just hover your mouse pointer on the name and you should get a dialogue "balloon" with a link to PM the employee.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

That's what I did, and when I click "private message me" it just takes me to a search screen, with no way to type a message. 

Official Employee

I sent you a PM, do you see the envelope in the upper right corner (next to your name)?  Does it have a number on it?

Frequent Visitor

Nope, sorry!

Official Employee

I've asked someone from our CSA group to reach out to you via phone.  I suspect it's a quick phone call, and they should be able to help you identify the issue.  They'll let me know if they still aren't able to get your situation resolved.