Community Forum

Slow connection with occasional drops with SB8200

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Slow connection with occasional drops with SB8200

I recently moved into a new house and decided to upgrade to the new Arris SB8200 along with an eero router system.  I used Comcast's self-service "move my service" option and brought and hooked up all my old equipment.  Even before I upgraded my modem, I was having issues with extremely slow connection speeds and they continued with the new SB8200.  The connection is more stable now (no longer dropping 1-2x per day, but now more like 1-3x per week), but the speed is only available right after I reboot the modem. My eero does daily speed tests and I can see the last 30 tests (hooked right into the ethernet) average about 50-60 mbps down and 10-12 mbps up, nowhere near what I'm paying for (I have Blast!® Pro Internet Blast!® Pro Internet) I've called and had them re-roll and provision the modem a few times and that doesn't seem to do anything.   Any ideas?  More details provided below along with modem error log output from late December.  

-Have nearly brand new arris sb8200 along with new eero system

-Pay for Blast!® Pro Internet Blast!® Pro Internet 200/10 but average closer to 50-60 down and 10-12 up.  Get drop of internet service entirely 1-3x per week.  

-When I reboot the modem I can get 200 down for a few hours it seems before it reverts to the slower speeds.  

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Slow connection with occasional drops with SB8200

If you want to troubleshoot this yourself, please see Connection Troubleshooting Tips. If you still need help, please provide Information Requested for Connection-Related Posts.

If you can't find the problem or you'd rather have Comcast do the troubleshooting, call them at the phone number on your bill or 1-800-Comcast, or chat with them using the Internet Support option at https://support.xfinity.com/chat. If they can't fix the problem remotely, insist they send a tech out to identify the cause and correct it.

If the tech finds bad coax, splitters, amplifiers, or connections in your home (even if Comcast originally supplied them) you'll probably have to pay for the visit unless you have or sign up for their Service Protection Plan (https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/service-protection-plan, about $6/mo) and keep it for at least 60 days. If the trouble is due to a faulty Comcast modem, eMTA, gateway device, or anything outside your home, you shouldn't be charged.