Community Forum

Slow Gigabit Speeds - PLEASE HELP

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Slow Gigabit Speeds - PLEASE HELP

just upgraded to gigabit and am getting slower download speeds than I was previsouly with Blast Pro. Upload speeds look to have increased to the tiered speed. Using a Netgear CM1000. Please help

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Slow Gigabit Speeds - PLEASE HELP

If there is a router in the mix, remove it and see what you get with a computer that has an NIC with a gigabit port connected directly to the CM1000.

New Poster

Just tried this - not much difference.

speedtest.png

Diamond Problem Solver

Can you take a screenshot of the modem's signal stats and post it please ?

New Poster

Yep - here you go:

modem1.png

modem2.png

modem3.png

Diamond Problem Solver

The stats are fine. You may have the CMTS firmware glitch Similar to the 8200 modem that we've been seeing posts about here. Check this Google search for some info about it;

https://www.google.com/search?q=cmts+glitch&rlz=1C1SQJL_enUS782US782&oq=cmts+glitch&aqs=chrome..69i5...

New Poster

Any Comcast folks that can chime in here...

Contributor

@scottritchiettu wrote:

Sure, 

You stated you have the Netgear CM1000 modem.  The OP mentioned a glitch with the 8200, I believe he's referring to the Arris SB8200. Anyway..... I have the CM 1000 with my gigabit plan and I am not having those issues. Since you already connected directly to the modem and your speed was way below what you should be geting, I would suggest two processes.....the 1st process is to turn off the modem using the push button then turn off your router the same way, if you have a switch or button use that. Next unplug the modem then the router, wait about a minute then plug in the modem and turn it on, wait for the modem to boot all the way up, your should see 4 green icons lit, the fifth will lit up when you turn on the router. Next, plug in your router and turn it on. Afterwords go to this website and check your speeds. http://www.speedtest.net

If you're not up to speed, do a factory reset of the modem and router. 

If that doesn't solve the problem, if possible exchange for another modem.

Diamond Problem Solver

.@

I wonder what doing anything to the router will do if they have the same problem when only the modem is in the picture ?

Expert

On the CM1000 try pressing in and holding the reset button on the back of the modem for 30-60 seconds as was suggested prior. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

@spongebob2004 wrote:

@scottritchiettu wrote:

Sure, 

You stated you have the Netgear CM1000 modem.  The OP mentioned a glitch with the 8200, I believe he's referring to the Arris SB8200. Anyway..... I have the CM 1000 with my gigabit plan and I am not having those issues. Since you already connected directly to the modem and your speed was way below what you should be geting, I would suggest two processes.....the 1st process is to turn off the modem using the push button then turn off your router the same way, if you have a switch or button use that. Next unplug the modem then the router, wait about a minute the plug in the modem and turn it on, wait for the modem to boot all the way up, your should see 4 green icons lit, the fifth will lit up when you turn on the router. Next, plug in your router and turn it on. Afterwords go to this website and check your speeds. http://www.speedtest.net

If you're not up to speed, do a factory reset of the modem and router. 

If that doesn't solve the problem, if possible exchange for another modem.

FYI the glitch is with the CMTS itself through the OFDM carrier. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Contributor

@EG wrote:

.@

I wonder what doing anything to the router will do if they have the same problem when only the modem is in the picture ?

Ah Wonderment! A cause of or occasion for wonder: astonishment, surprise, curiosity about something......wonderment, I love it... You never know....