Community Forum

Setting Up IP addresses through Xfinity Modem & POE Security Cameras

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Re: Setting Up IP addresses through Xfinity Modem & POE Security Cameras

With your access point at 10.0.0.1, your IP Address range would be something like 10.0.0.2-10.0.0.255. Go to your online gateway, log in, and then go to Connected Devices, then Online Devices. Scroll down to the bottom of the columns to where it says Add Device with Reserved IP. Click on this and fill out the info, including selecting the fixed or static IP address you choose. For example, you could number your devices sequentially starting with the first at 10.0.0.2, next would be 10.0.0.3 and so on. The alternative to a static IP is setting your wireless devises on DHCP which allows the gateway to shuffle IPaddresses around from time to time, such that at any given point, a particular device might have received an IP address of 10.0.0.97, then on checking a week later it may be set at 10.0.0.250 by the DHCP program. and save, this is a static IP, that is it doesn't change periodically
Frequent Visitor

Setting Up IP addresses through Xfinity Modem & POE Security Cameras

Hello,
I am installing home security cameras using a switch & POE internet to a dedicated Xfinity internet PC Hard drive with 3rd party software as a DVR, through the Xfinity cable modem. As I connect and setup cameras, I need them to have there own permanent IPv4 addresses and IPv4 Default Gateway number to be recognize in Xfinity gateway device page. Can I get the IPv4 address range of numbers best to be used with my Xfinity cable modem's gateway 10.0.0.1, so they are setup correctly. At the moment, I have one camera running at IPv4 address 192.168.1.64 (camera default) with a IPv4 gateway number of 192.168.1.1 through Xfinity modem.
I want to be sure to enter IP addresses correctly for each camera setup in my Xfinity internet gateway device page listing. Port forwarding the cameras later on for viewing them off site from a remote or cell device.