Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Sending e-mail to group in xfinity connect?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Contributor

Sending e-mail to group in xfinity connect?

I cannot seem to send an e-mail to a group. To test this out i set up a group called test group  and added two e-mail adresses to it.. Now when i go to send the e-mail  and use bcc and click on it to get the adress book. I see that the group test group is not among the adresses. Thus i cannot click on the group name to send the e-mails to the two adresses.l  Please outline the procedure for me step by step so i can see what i am doing wrong.  I know i can go to the adress book entitled test group  and check off the two names and then e-mail them,but i will be dealing with 22 e-mail adresses in another group .  Anywayn i need help?  I can do this procedure in windows live mail 2012,but do not wish to add these these 22 names e-mail adresses etc. to the live mail adress book,when the names are already in the infinity adress book. 

Expert

Re: Sending e-mail to group in xfinity connect?

Does the test group appear if you start typing it into the Bcc or To fields?

Regular Contributor

latoque, yes it does appear when i type in test group. It functions now.  But in the actual group i"m working on  and i type in the name of the group one of the names i added to the group does not appear in the bcc line. And yes the name is listed under the names of the group when i click on the adress mode.  Why i do not know.

Regular Contributor

latoque, tried the group e-mail procedure again for the larger group and the e-mail adress that was not included in contacts is know their.  So all is well,but infinity still has a problem with this adress book that needs to be corrected. Thanks!