Community Forum

Self assigned IP address xfinity hotspot won’t allow me online

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Re: Self assigned IP address xfinity hotspot won’t allow me online

I have the same problem. All devices stopped connecting to hotspots thee days ago. Comcast is not helpful as usual. It looks like my username was blacklisted for whatever reason: my wife in another state can't connect either. Everything is working on my home network, but the hotspots are out Smiley Sad
New Poster

It is one of their public ones yes. I see “xfinitywifi” and it shows on the list of networks near me. I get the exclamation point on the WiFi symbol. It stopped working in the span of two hours, I had a meeting and when I came back it wouldn’t connect and i saw that it now says it has a self assigned IP address and can’t sign on. None of my other devices can sign on either. I left home and went to another area and tried to use another public xfinity hotspot and it didn’t work there either, but the fact that none of my other devices work at home makes me think there’s a problem with the hotspot and not my laptop. So frustrating.
Diamond Problem Solver

Is this one of their public WiFi hotspots ? Can you see the SSID / broadcast network name of it on your computer ?

New Poster

Self assigned IP address xfinity hotspot won’t allow me online

Hello. I’ve been using the same xfinity WiFi hotspot since November and today I tried to do work online and it says that my computer has a self assigned IP address and can’t access WiFi. I’ve followed every bit of trouble shooting advice I can find with no success, and this is my only way to access the internet. Can anyone assist me with this? Thank you.