Community Forum

Secondary IP

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Secondary IP

I've been trying to reach out to see if my area even allows secondary IP's for residential customers but I haven't been given a clear answer. Each method of contact for support has always been ended with unanswered or mislead information. Such as one phone tech support thinking I was wanting to release and renew my local (LAN) IP and I don't want to have to keep calling until I get a customer service rep that understands what I am asking. I really don't want to sign up for a home based business service for multiple IP's.

Anyways, if someone could reach out and let me know, that would be appricated.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Secondary IP

You may be able to view a price sheet for you local area at https://www.xfinity.com/support/rate-card/. In my area the rate card lists an item called "Additional IP Address" in the "Xfinity Internet" category.

If that doesn't work you should be able to pick up a price sheet at a Service Center or Xfinity Store (check locations and hours at http://www.xfinity.com/support/service-center-locations/), or have Customer Service send one to you.

Pricing may have been included with one of your recent bills. Check https://customer.xfinity.com/.

Expert

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not an employee.
Official Employee

Hello tgjeffreyturner, unfortunately, additional IP addresses can only be for business accounts. 

Expert

Are you sure for their area Shane ? There is a difference between the additional *dynamically* assigned IP's of the residential service and the *statically* assigned IP's of the Business Class service.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

I never heard of having a second IP address with residential services. Only having multiple IP's would be for business services.  tgjeffreyturner, were you asking for an additional IP address? 

EG, hit me up on private

Expert

Some areas don't offer it anymore bit some still do. My area still does. It's called "additional IP addresses", and they are dynamically assigned. There is no need for a Business Class gateway device. Years ago they were more widely offered and back then it was called an "IP Pack" of 5 additional.

I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

Thank you EG, I will definitely ask tomorrow when I am in. I haven't seen it but will check. 

tgjeffreyturner, I would like to check into this further if you don't mind. I will reply back tomorrow after 2:30 pm mountain time. 

Thank you again EG

Expert

No worries ! ☺ See BruceW's post earlier in this thread.

Regular Visitor

BruceW, I tried that load that link a few times and it just goes in a loading loop for me until it timesout. (I think this has to do with which email I use to login on Comcast site and until it clears, a lot of things relating to my account doesn't work. I had a business class account in the past with the same e-mail address which seems to be active with no service as I can still log into it at https://business.comcast.com/ but that's a different matter. lol. Maybe I should try logging in from a fresh browser.)

Thanks nerdburg for reaching out to an employee.

Shane, I do understand that business class can get static IP's as I had them on my business account in the past but I am not interested in static's at all. Just an additional dynamically assigned IP if possible to be provisioned on my modem.

Thanks EG for your input. If they are offered in my area I would assume the prices would be similar to the static assigned IP's for business class services.

Expert

@tgjeffreyturner wrote:

Thanks EG for your input. If they are offered in my area I would assume the prices would be similar to the static assigned IP's for business class services.

In my area (Northern N.J) it shows as being $6.95 for each additional;

Screenshot.png

Administrator

@tgjeffreyturner,

What BruceW stated is corrent. Depending on your market we do offer the ability to have multiple dynamic IP addresses. There is a cost associated with this feature and I am happy to discuss more specifics for your account if you would like to send me your name, address, phone number, and account number via a private message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Administrator

@tgjeffreyturner,

Thank you so much for verifying you account for me via a private message. Unfortunately, at this time there are no additional dynamic IPs available for you to purchase in your area. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. I recommend keeping an eye on your bills and/or that rate card link BruceW sent to you. As soon as you notice that service has been added in your area, please post here in the forum and we will happily get it added to your account at that time. Again, we apologize for the confusion and the inconvenience. 

If you need anything else or have any additional questions please don't hesitate to let us know. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.