Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Searching within email

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Searching within email

How do I search within xfinity email?  I used to be able to type someone's name to get an email address that wasn't in contacts or to pull up an old email I could reply to.  Now when I type a name in the "search" box, the name just sits there.  There is no search icon to click to make the search work -- instead there's just a little x, sitting there uselessly.  Is this just a feature that's broken or hasn't been activated yet?  What's the deal?

Expert

Re: Searching within email

After you type in the search term, hit the return key to start the search.  Make sure you have it on "All folders" or the specific folder you want at the right end of the field.

Frequent Visitor

The thing is that the search is much more limited than it used to be. It may or may not actually find all of the emails that qualify for teh search, and it goes back in time far, far less than the email search before Comcast improved it.
Expert

From what I have seen so far, the search in the new format is at least as good as the old one.  It can use all the same operators found here-----------

https://www.xfinity.com/support/internet/search-your-xfinity-connect-inbox/