Community Forum

Script issues

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Script issues

Two year old dead topic now being closed.

Frequent Visitor

It's not the scripts in Comcast because the warning box appears on other websites.

It's the "Cookies and Cache" that collects in the browsers and the problem becomes worst as the increase.

Tags (1)
Frequent Visitor

I don’t believe that it’s the website (Comcast) but rather the cookies and cache that that increases or collects in the browser. I never got the warning until about 6 weeks ago when I visited several different websites. It didn’t matter which website that I was on. It got progressively worst and tonight I was on ebay and all of the commands that I made became unresponsive and the site froze. When I closed the site, there were several of the warning unresponsive scripts on the screen. I closed everything and then clicked on the Firefox icon and when the Firefox screen came up, I enter “unresponsive script” in the box and a Firefox troubleshooting screen appeared with several suggestions. I chose the one that I thought was the easiest. Under “Tools” open History. Click the “Clear all History” That presents a “Clear all History’ box. At the time ranges to clear select “Everything” Click on the arrow at Details and that opens a box with several items. Put a check mark in the boxes next to “Cookies, Cache, and Login”s. Click “Clear Now” at the bottom of the box and that closes the box. I haven’t had a warning box since then. Hopefully that is the resolution for that problem and if it does reappear, it can be fixed in less than a minute.
Tags (1)
Regular Visitor

Would Comcast scrip issues have any affect on other websites, because before my upgrade to IE9, the script errors occurred on Comcast and other sites.  Since IE9, I have had no such errors on websites where I previously had the problems.  

Silver Problem Solver

Hello,

The script issues that you are receiving has nothing to do with the browser it is a problem with comcast using various script in creating there web pages. If comcast would check there pages they would see that there are lots of script and html tags errors.

Regular Visitor

Thanks.

Problem Solver

Chrome is a free browser you can dowload and use. If you don't like it you can un-install it.

Regular Visitor

Is Chrome something you can try?   Or is all or nothing?   If so, how?  Can you revert back to IE.   Does it support icloud, etc.    Thanks.

Contributor

Based on many years of suffering underneath IE and not really having a viable choice I will not even give the browser the opportunity to "satisfy" me. In a nutshell I use Chrome for a) Faster as it bakes Flash and Java into the browser b) more secure (see a---no third party plugs) and c) If a site becomes unresponsive in Chrome it will typically only lock that tab as all tabs run as their own processes. 

So IE may be the best thing since sliced bread at this point...But I am not willing to find out as I am perfectly content.

Regular Visitor

I went to IE9, and the sripting issues so far are gone, but I just did that a few days ago, so really havent had much chance to try it out.   Are you satisfied with IE10 on Windows 7?  

Contributor

If you are using IE8 on Windows 7 you are just ASKING for scripting issues...Not to mention the security holes in ANY older browser. Please either move to IE 10, Firefox 20.0, or my personal favorite..Google Chrome  27.0.1453.15.

Bronze Problem Solver

Actually none of that is needed. might remove all of that stuff and see if it helps/.

TANSTAAFL!!

Regular Visitor

No.  I only have Comcast Desktop Software.   I use Google to search.

Bronze Problem Solver

Do you have the comcast tool bar? If so uninstall it.

TANSTAAFL!!

Regular Visitor

Script issues

I am using IE8 on Windows7.   When I view certain pages (example comcast TV listing page), after a few seconds I get this message:  A script on this page is causing your web brouser to run slowly.  If continues, computer might become unresponsive".    It gives me an option to shut off script.   If I choose yes, the message goes away but returns in a few seconds.   Any suggestions on the problem, and the correction?