Community Forum

Script Error Message

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Re: Script Error Message

Script: http://oascentral.comcast.net/…g=334&qsg=326&qsg=325&qsg=316&:1

I am getting the above script error that just started yesterday.   I use firefox browser.  Any suggestions?

Contributor

Thanks. I switched to fire fox and no more problems. Thanx

Regular Visitor

I am getting the same thing .... script errorchrome//comcasttb/content/lib/external,js.... Why?????

Gold Problem Solver

Thank you for posting back.  FWIW- I can tell you that many of us do not use any toolbars because they are prome to cause problems.  Smiley Wink

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Contributor

ccarol thanks for your advice. I have switched to firefox and the errors have disappeared and I still have the comcast tool bar. If this happens again I will uninstall the tool bar Thanks again

Gold Problem Solver

miriamhannah wrote:

I recently upgraded to Xfinity internet and am now getting an error message with logging on and everywhere else.  The message says" An error has occurred in the script of this page"  Chrome://xfinitytblcontent/lib/external.js  obect required"  I can't pull up some websites and other objects.  What to do? 

Do you have the Comcast toolbar installed?  If so, uninstall it and see if your problem goes away.

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

New Poster

I recently upgraded to Xfinity internet and am now getting an error message with logging on and everywhere else.  The message says" An error has occurred in the script of this page"  Chrome://xfinitytblcontent/lib/external.js  obect required"  I can't pull up some websites and other objects.  What to do? 

Gold Problem Solver

There is another thread about this.  Here 

Remove the Comcast toolbar through Add/Remove Programs.

Contributor

The script message reads "chrome://comcasttb/content/lib/external.jr" cannot open to any site. Using firefox the problem is not there. So what is the solution

Silver Problem Solver

Unless you're a script developer, you should turn off script debugging, so the page will continue to load. Go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced and uncheck Display a notification about every script error.
Silver Problem Solver

Is it All web sites? (yahoo.com msn.com cisco.com) or is it just the Comcast home page? If it is All then you might have a browser or some sort of a security management software issue. If this is the case then hopefully one of the experts will jump in and move this thread to the appropriate forum. Might want to post a list of sites where the issue occurs and the name and version of your browser and what your operating system is.
New Poster

Script Error Message

Can anyone tell me why I get a script error message when I try to open any web page?  It's always the same, comcast cannot be defined do I want to continue running script on this page, yes or no?