Community Forum

Saving email

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Saving email

Cannot find a way to SAVE an email message.

Problem Solver

Re: Saving email

There is no option just to "save" an email.  Depending on how you are getting email, there are various options.  If you are using a browser and going to Xfinity Connect webmail, you can go to the Preferences tab, then to Email and verify your deletion schedule is set to "never"for your inbox.  You can also create a new folder and move the email there.

If you are using an email client such as Outlook, Thunderbird, Mac Mail, etc, just collecting the mail will downloaded to your computer.

New Poster

I received an answer, but it was of no help.  Although I am not a programmer, it is my opinion that there is no excuse for not having a convenient way to save an email.

Temp

Gold Problem Solver

You are not locked in to using Xfinity Connect. You can use any email program you want.

With Xfinity Connect, you can create a folder for email you want to save. Then you would only need to right click, click on Move, and move it to your saved folder.
CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.